• RealTest® enables a functional test using canned CO
• Full compliance with UL 2075
• A code-required trouble relay
• Wiring supervision with SEMS terminals
• A six-year end-of-life timer
• 12/24 VDC
• A low current draw of 20 mA in standby and 40 mA in alarm
• Versatile mounting for wall and ceiling
• Accurate and reliable electrochemical sensing technology
• Optional CO-PLATE CO Detector Replacement Plate to upgrade previously installed competitor detectors to the CO1224T
With RealTest® technology, the CO gas sensing cell used in
the CO1224T and CO1224TR CO detectors can be tested using a
CO gas agent, fully meeting the requirements of NFPA 720: 2009.
Simply put the detector into RealTest mode, spray a small amount
of CO into the detector per the installation instructions, and within
seconds the detector will alarm, indicating successful gas entry. (See
the reverse page or the user manual for complete instructions.)
When dangerous amounts of CO are detected, the CO1224T and
CO1224TR detectors alert residents by sounding and fl ashing a
temp 4 signal alarm. With 24/7 central station monitoring, residents
are guaranteed protection whether they are away from home,
sleeping, or already suffering from the effects of CO.
The CO1224T and CO1224TR are designed for system operation.
These detectors are fully listed to UL 2075 and offer a coderequired
trouble relay to send a sensor failure or end-of-life signal
to the control panel and the central station. The CO1224T and
CO1224TR also use SEMS-type terminal Philips head screws for
quicker and more positive wiring connections and code-required
wiring supervision. With a low current draw, these detectors enable
more devices to be connected to the panel, limiting the need to
purchase extra power supplies or more expensive panels. As 12/24
VDC detectors, the CO1224T and CO1224TR will operate on most
industry security and fi re alarm control panels.