- Four Style B (Class B) IDCs (Initiating Device Circuits).
- Two Style Y (Class B) NACs (Notification Appliance Circuits).
- Optional module that converts all 4 IDCs and 2 NACs to Class A.
- I3 Technology Features: Drift compensation automatically adjusts detector sensitivity and increases resistance to false alarms caused by dust accumulation.
- Maintenance Alert LEDs (per zone) warn of excessive dirt accumulation, preventing false alarms (meets NFPA 72, 7-3.2.1).
- Detector sensitivity is automatically measured by the detector, which automatically adjusts its sensitivity back to the factory settings when it becomes more sensitive due to contaminents settling in the chamber.
- Wireless handheld sensitivity meter eliminates the need for voltemeters, magnets and a physical connection to the detector. The reader displays sensitivity in terms of percent per foot obscuration and provides text status indication.
- Supervisory LED (per zone) provides warning if a detector senses temperature approaching freezing.
- Special test protocol and LED indication allows quick test of all detectors without need for a ladder.
NAC synchronization Features:
- Provides synchronization of standard ANSI audible signals as required by NFPA 72 (3-220.127.116.11.3).
- Provides synchronization of ADA compliant strobes per NFPA 72 (4-4.4.1).
- Selectable for System Sensor, Wheelock and Gentex protocols.
- Selective Silence feature allows manual silence of horns while strobes continue to flash on the same NAC.
- Silent or Audible Walk Test operation mode commanded from the front keypad, with automatic return to normal after 1 hour of inactivity.
- Programmable for combination tamper supervisory monitor and waterflow alarm on one zone.
- Alarm verification selectable per zone.
- Each zone may be programmed for supervisory or fire, with separate red and yellow LEDs.
- Disable switches provided per zone.
NACs Programmable For:
- Silence Inhibit
- Auto Silence
- Strobe Synchronization
- Selective Silence (horn-strobe mute)
- Temporal or Steady signal
- Silenceable or Nonsilenceable
- Form-C Alarm, Trouble and Supervisory relays.
- 3.0 amps total useable current.
- 6.0 amps total useable current available with optional second transformer.
- Optional dress panel (part no. DP-MS2/4).
- ACK (Acknowledge)
- Alarm Silence
- Zone Enable/Disable (one per zone)
- Fire Alarm (one per zone)
- Supervisory (one per zone)
- Trouble (one per zone)
- Maintenance (one per zone)
- AC Power
- NAC Disable
- Zone Disable
- NAC Fault
- System Trouble
- Power Trouble
- Alarm Silence
- Earth Fault (on circuit board)
- Battery Fault (on circuit board)
- Charger Fault (on circuit board)
- Piezo sounder for alarm, trouble, supervisory and maintenance.
- Optional plug-in 4XTMF Transmitter module.
- Optional plug-in 4XZMF Zone relay module.
- Optional 4XLMF Transmitter module for RZA-4XF remote LED annunciator.
- AC Power - TB8: 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.3 amps. Wire size: minimum 14 AWG (2.0 mm2) with 600 V insulation.
- Battery (Sealed Lead Acid Only) - J8: Maximum Charging Circuit: Normal flat charge - 27.6 VDC @ 0.8 amp. Maximum Battery Charger Capacity: 18 amp hour battery (two 7 amp hour batteries can be housed in the FACP cabinet. Larger batteries require a separate battery box such as the FireLite BB-17F).
- Initiating Device Circuits - TB3: Alarm Zones 1 - 4. Powerlimited circuitry. Operation: All zones Style B (Class B). Normal Operating Voltage: Nominal 22 VDC. Alarm Current: 15 mA minimum. Short Circuit Current: 40 mA maximum. Maximum Loop Resistance: 100 ohms. End-of-Line Resistor: 4.7 k OHM, 1/2 watt (P/N 71252). Standby Current: 4 mA. Refer to FireLite Device Compatibility Document ( Doc. No. 51384) for listed compatible devices).
- Notification Appliance Circuits - TB2: Two NACs on MS-4. Power-limited circuitry. Normal Operating Voltage: Nominal 24 VDC. Maximum Signaling Current: 2.5 amps total with standard transform. 5.0 amps total (2.5 maximum per NAC) with optional transformer. End-of-Line Resistor: 4.7 k OHM, 1/2 watt (P/N 71252). Refer to FireLite Device Compatibility Document for listed compatible devices.
- Form-C Relays: Trouble Relay TB 6. Supervisory Relay TB7. amps @ 30 VAC (resistive).
- Resettable Power - TB1: Operating Voltage: Nominal 24 VDC. Maximum Available Current: 500 mA - appropriate for powering 4-wire smoke detectors (see NOTES below). Power-limited circuitry.
Nonresettable Power - TB1: Operating Voltage: Nominal 24 VDC. Maximum Available Current: 500 mA (see NOTES below). Power-limited circuitry.
1) See the Device Compatibility Document (Doc. No. 15384) for listed compatible devices .
2) Total current for nonresettable power, resettable power and two NACs must not exceed 6 amps for the MS-4 (requires optional second transformer).
- Door: 15.342" (38.97 cm) high x 14.677" (37.28 cm) wide x 0.375" (0.95 cm) deep.
- Backbox: 15.0" (38.10 cm) high x 14.5" (36.83 cm) wide x 3.0" (7.62 cm) deep.