The BG-12LAO/ -12LAOB pull station is a non-coded, dual-action manual pull station equipped with a key-lock reset feature, an approved outdoor gasket, and an accompanying SB-I/ O Outdoor Backbox. It provides FireLite control panels with one normally open (N/ O) alarm initiating input. A second set of contacts is rated up to 3 Amps at 30 V (AC or DC) for auxiliary functions. The BG-12LAO/ -12LAOB meets the ADAAG controls and operating mechanisms guidelines (section 4.1.3), and the ADA requirement for a 5 lb. maximum pull force to activate the pull station. Operating instructions are molded into the pull station handle along with Braille text. Molded Terminal numbers are also present.
- Aesthetically pleasing, highly visible design and color.
- Attractive contoured shape and light textured finish.
- Meets ADA 5 lb. maximum pull-force.
- Meets UL 38, Standard for Manually Actuated Signaling Boxes.
- Easily operated(single- or dual-action), yet designed to prevent false alarms when bumped, shaken, or jarred.
- PUSH IN/PULL DOWN handle latches in the down position to clearly indicate the station has been operated.
- The word "ACTIVATED" appears on top of the handle in bright yellow, further indicating operation of the station.
- Operation handle features white arrows showing basic operation direction for non-English-speaking persons.
- Braille text included on finger-hold area of operation handle and across top of handle.
- Multiple hex- and key-lock models available.
- U.S. patented hex-lock needs only a quarter-turn to lock/ unlock.
- Station can be opened for inspection and maintenance without initiating an alarm.
- Product ID label viewable by simply opening the cover; label is made of a durable long-life material.
- The words "NORMAL" and "ACTIVATED" are molded into the plastic adjacent to the alarm switch (located inside).
- Four-position terminal strip molded into backplate.
- Terminal strip includes Phillips combination-head captive 8/32 screws for easy connection to Initiating Device Circuit (IDC).
- Terminal screws backed-out at factory and shipped ready to accept field wiring (up to 12 AWG/3.1 mm2).
- Terminal numbers are molded into the backplate, eliminating the need for labels.
- Switch contacts are normally open.
- Can be surface-mounted (with SB-10 or SB-I/O ) or semiflush mounted. Semi-flush mount to a standard single-gang, double-gang, or 4" (10.16 cm) square electrical box.
- Backplate is large enough to overlap a single-gang backbox cutout by 1/2" (1.27 cm).
- Optional trim ring (BG12TR).
- Spanish versions (FUEGO) available (BG-12LSP, BG-12LPSP).
- Designed to replace the Fire•Lite legacy BG-10 Series.
- Models packaged in attractive, clear plastic (PVC), clamshell-style, Point-of-Purchase packages. Packaging includes a cutaway dust/paint cover in shape of pull station.
- Cover, backplate and operation handle are all molded of durable polycarbonate material.
- Cover features white lettering and trim.
- Red color matches System Sensor's popular SpectrAlert® Advance horn/strobe series.
The BG-12 manual pull stations provide a textured finger-hold area that includes Braille text. In addition to PUSH IN and PULL DOWN text, there are arrows indicating how to operate the station, provided for non-English-speaking people. Pushing in and then pulling down on the handle activates the normally-open alarm switch. Once latched in the down position, the word "ACTIVATED" appears at the top in bright yellow, with a portion of the handle protruding at the bottom as a visible flag. Resetting the station is simple: insert the key, twist one quarter turn, then open the station's front cover, causing the spring loaded operation handle to return to its original position. The alarm switch can then be reset to its normal (non-alarm) position manually (by hand) or by closing the station’s front cover, which automatically resets the switch.
|BG12||Dual-action pull station with SPST N/O switch, screw terminal connections, hex lock.|
|BG12L||Same as BG-12 with key lock.|
|BG12LSP||Same as BG-12L with English/Spanish (FIRE/FUEGO) labeling.|
|BG12LOB||Same as BG-12L with “outdoor use” listing. Includes outdoor listed backbox, and sealing gasket.|
|BG12LO||Same as BG-12L with “outdoor use” listing. Does not include backbox.|
|BG12LA||Same as BG-12L with auxiliary contacts.|
|BG12LPS||Dual-action pull station with pre-signal option.|
|BG12LPSP||Same as BG-12LPS with English/Spanish (FIRE/FUEGO) labeling.|
|411/ 411UD||Three input (channel) 411 and four input (channel) 411UD dual line Digital Alarm Communicator/Transmitters, which can be used as slave communicators with the MS-4 FACP.|