The module provides protection against short circuits by limiting the number of affected devices. When the SCI detects a short circuit on the SLC loop, it disconnects the outgoing side of the module to prevent the short from from affecting the rest of the SLC loop. The SCI includes one amber LED to indicate the modules status. When the module is shorted, the LED will light continuously. Once the short is removed, the SCI will automatically restore to a cleared condition.
The SCI is compatible with Potter’s PFC-6000 series and PFC-8500 addressable fi re alarm control panels. The SCI is used to provide additional reliability by isolating a segment of the SLC loop where a short circuit has occurred.
- Isolates short circuits within the SLC loop.
- Wiring terminals accessible when mounted in box
- All wiring terminals accept 22 to 14 AWG
- Product includes a 5 year warranty
- Mounts in a standard 4” or double gang box.